Increasing environmental pressure from governments and associations, and a more pronounced consumer preference for eco-friendly products, are making more and more companies aware of the need to speed up their sustainability journey.
68% of consumers rate sustainability as important
Source: CGS’s 2019 Retail and Sustainability Survey
To help them in this way, ICS – Initiative for Compliance and Sustainability – brings to its members a set of common tools to mutualize their audits, contributing to the reduction of audit fatigue and sharing knowledge and best practices.
ICS is an international sectorial initiative that aims to enhance working conditions among the global supply chains of its member retailers and brands. ICS is composed of 48 multinational retailers and brands in the textile, retail, footwear, electronics, and furniture sectors.*
API is accredited to perform ICS social and environmental audits to help ensure that suppliers and their supply chains are aligned with the ICS Environmental Code of Conduct. The main areas covered include:
- Environmental management systems (EMS)
- Energy use, transport, and greenhouse gases (GHGs)
- Water use
- Wastewater and wastewater effluent
- Emissions to air and ozone-depleting substances (ODS)
- Waste management
- Pollution prevention, and hazardous and potentially hazardous substances
- Major incident prevention and management
A dedicated environmental team with hands-on experience
- Experienced with ICS environmental methodology
- Knowledge of supply chain environmental sustainability
- Led by the head of sustainability with a doctorate in sustainability (PhD) and more than 10 years’ experience
- Bilingual with a clear understanding of specific local challenges and global expectations
Daily assessments in factories worldwide
API can support our customers in their environmental journey with 360° expertise in process, factories, and products.
Interested in learning more about our ICS environmental solutions?
*ICS logo and description are property of ICS